View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 06:00 AM   #15
Ultradude
Side-Kick

Default Re: Tim Boyle's The Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue trooper View Post
I'm quite sure he won't be wearing black leather(in the jungle?!!). He was just using that as an example of how you have to make certain accomodations when translating some elements from comic page to the screen. He already clearly stated that The Phantom is not like Batman or The Punisher. There is a certain darkness to the concept but not to the extent of the latter two.

Regarding as to what color The Phantom's costume will be, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being more greyish rather than purple. Heck, I wouldn't mind if he wears a dark blue suit like in the Scandinavian comics.
It doesn't need to be black leather. If it's black at all it will already suck.
I'm not having a good feeling about this. I mean, as much as I want a new Phantom movie I'm not desperate. It's too early to say anything but so far no good feelings. He has way too many references to other movies, big hits or not. I would like to start hearing his own ideas. The way he talks implies lack of own creativity. You don't see Bryan Singer or Nolan mentioning other superhero movies when they are talking about their own. They don't need that, they can hold their own. We will see. I hope they don't mess it up. Problem with the Phantom is that even though he is big in some countries he still doesn't have the big fan base of heroes like Batman, so it's easier to be more comfortable and inclined to unnecessary changes.

Ultradude is offline   Reply With Quote