View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 06:22 AM   #36
Walker
Side-Kick

Default Re: Tim Boyle's The Phantom

Thanks, mate, glad you liked it.

Spirit hasn't premiered over here yet (not sure if it will when I see how bad it's doing in the US), so I can't comment on it, but the first trailer was just awful. Then, the marketing got a bit better, and I think it looks like an OK movie. Spirit is probably the hardest costume hero to get right on the screen anyway, due to the varied nature of the stories. I look forward to getting the DVD anyway.

Sure would have liked to see Miller writing the Phantom as a one-shot, though. I'd love to see how he'd draw the Ghost Who Walks.

I hope Worthington could find time to do the film... He looks damn good for the role, but like you, I've been wondering if he's too busy. Also, he's got so many big franchise-friendly movies now that maybe he doesn't need another one!

What concerns me the most is who should play the 21st Phantom, who is after all "our" Phantom, and therefore the one closest to fan-hearts. Boyle says he should be in his fifties, according to the producers... I'm not sure who could fit that, but the often suggested Clive Owen would be spot on. So would Ray Stevenson, who I mention in my article. I guess they might want to go with an Aussie actor, though... Which leaves the obvious choices of Hugh Jackman and Russel Crowe.

Walker is offline   Reply With Quote