View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #100
raybia
Signing off

Default Re: We had Smallsvile? Is it time for Gotham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVelvetOnion View Post
Despite everyones mixed reviews of Smallsvile, It has been a success. But i wonder, are we ready for a new Batman Live Action series?

The problem with The Batman is that its more popular than Superman. In the term of there is more Batman related media out there than Superman... everytime i look around he's ever in a comic, as a cartoon series, new toy line or big screen film.

So it got me thinking... What about a Batman Live Action series, like Smallsvile but doesnt focus on Bruce Wayne?

Picture this...

G.P.D (Gotham Police Department)
Synopsis: Newly appointed Comissioner Gordon seeks to clean up gotham from the mobish culture that has spawned theatrical fends and villians. The series will follow Gordon and his team trying to solve riddles, playing the Joker's games, playing Cat and Mouse and investigating and going undercover to finally resolve the biggest mystery of all Who Is The Batman?

Cast
-----

Comissioner Gordon - Leading The Team
Detective Flass - A Currept "Weak Link" member of the team.
Detective Yin - Newly transfered member
Detective Tankinson - The Bumbling comical relief
Detective Allen - The police veteran

I think The Batman, Robin, Batgirl and Nightwing should not appear but there presence is felt. For example, Barbara could turn up for a cameo role... Being that Gordon and his team is the focus of the show as a crime scene investigation style format. Also the fact that they are facing the same villians that Batman is facing and the fact that these villians are defeated by batman, not shown in the tv series but you would be informed of his presence and then there is Wayne himself who could cameo or have a recurring role as one of the faces of gotham... but only seen by Gordon as a rich playboy who is enjoying his money.

So what do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
I haven't seen more than 2 episodes of Smalville so I won't talk crap about it (only that it didn't hold my intertest for more than 2 episodes). But a Batman series where Bruce Wayne wears blue and grey clothes but never becomes Batman? Produce the series if it must be done, I won't be watching it.
Great idea and very interesting but I have to agree with El Payaso, without Batman ever some up I think it would die a quick death.

As an alternative I would propose a young Bruce Wayne series were he travels the world towards his destiny as the Dark Knight. Occasionally I might have him return to Gotham for a very special episode with a guest appearance by characters such as Alfred, Gordon, or future freak villians.

Thanks Hype for the memories!

Last edited by raybia; 12-30-2008 at 08:12 PM.
raybia is offline   Reply With Quote