View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #29
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Favorite moment in the trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
I don't know what your problem is.
That's cos I don't have one.

Quote:
That's how I remember how the scene originally played out. I have only seen X-men 3 twice before that rewatch. I did not remember it turning from red to black originally. Just an honest mistake.
I see. Well, no harm done as we know now for sure that it did turn black. I was about to rewatch it, as i couldn't believe the film-makers were THAT dumb.

Quote:
As far as I know there are a lot more people that don't like the third movie compared to the first two, so I don't really get what your point is. Also IIRC Nell is a great supporter of X-men 3, so that speaks volumes of his character that he can see it from my point of view.
I guess I'm a lot less tolerant of attacks that might be being made just for the sake of attacking. But no problem, we settled it.

Quote:
And why does it have to be us against them, "find your friends and side with them" sort of thing? I've discussed what I liked about the third movie in the appropriate thread. Here I was discussing something that was bothering me for the longest time, after someone brought up the scene.
It's frequently "us against them" on here. Fox v Warner, Singer v Ratner, Welling v Routh, X3 v Superman Returns, it goes on and on. Feelings get amplified on here by obsessive people, it's why i prefer to see movies with people who aren't like people on this site, you get a more real-world view. I have my obsessions but I tame them in the real world and like to talk with non-obsessives, as they see things in a new way, they see what really matters.

Quote:
As far as I can tell tho, you haven't swayed anyone to your opinion so good luck i guess...
I'm not bothered about that. As long as alternative viewpoints, inteliigence and logic have a place on here. Blind hate can't be allowed to rule - that's never got humanity anywhere.

Quote:
And if you don't think Mystique's jet black hair did not look fake then your blind admiration for this film cannot be helped.
It looked fine to me. And you must be blind if you think i have blind admiration. I've discussed the negatives ad nauseum.

Quote:
Like I said, honest mistake. We can't all be perfect like you 'X-Maniac'! Someone brought up the scene, I responded with a tiny detail that has been bugging me ever since I saw it. You responded with your signature condescending post. Someone corrected me. I rewatched the aforementioned scene. I admitted my mistake.
Good, then that's settled.

Quote:
Then you come up with another condescending post. Btw, you probably thought Im a noob (think again!) and responded accordingly, believing I wouldnt stand up to a bully like yourself... you've been doing this schtick forever 'X-Maniac' don't you get tired of hearing yourself...
I responded because I had no idea what you were going on about. It seemed such a random nitpick, several years later, about something no one else has ever mentioned. And you were so quick to criticise and blame it on 'bad editing' without even checking. I don't believe it was an honest mistake, what WAS honest was your admission that it was a mistake, which is fine.

I'm not a bully but I have no problem speaking up. If I hadn't, then you'd probably never have checked that footage and the 'bad editing' nitpick would just have stayed. As it was, we now know that was not a valid criticism of the film.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote