View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 10:16 PM   #62
Ultradude
Side-Kick

Default Re: Tim Boyle's The Phantom

I think the Phantom could use some darkness. Actually he should. The character is somewhat dark, has always been. I mean he is the ghost who walks. He needs darkness.He definitely broods too. But that doesn't mean he needs to be like Batman and he d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y needs not the Dark Knight treatment. Stay away from anything Nolan, Begins or Dark Knight and this is where this Boyle dude is losing me. He seems too kin on the Dark Knight concept. That scares me.
Talking about his reply to the 44 points in the article, I wish half of it wasn't the useless "point taken – but you'll have to wait to see what we're doing". I mean, might as well have not replied. This can be anything. It can be "well, that's how we are doing it but I am not allowed to tell you.", it can be "We will never do that but I'm trying to be polite and or suck up to the fans and don't want to admit it", or "That's how I was thinking of doing it but now that you have guessed it I may change it all now so I can do an idea only I had". I mean really, might as well had come with a " Hi guys, thanks for all the suggestions. " Would be as useful. But I guess everything is valid in the name of P.R.
About touching bases with the fans, he has to do that. This is all he has. He's a nobody really and he knows all it takes for him to lose his job is for a more established director to snap his fingers and manifest interest and Boyle is gone, maybe even as a writer as the new director may bring his own team of writers as it often happens with these things. All he can do now is try to win the fans support. If he was a big shot you would most likely never see him replying like that. I for one hope some bigger director takes over so we can have a kick ass movie with an original vision and way far away from the Dark Knight.

By the way Walker, which Moonstone issue had the story he had to face child soldiers?

Last edited by Ultradude; 01-07-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Ultradude is offline   Reply With Quote