View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 09:04 AM   #24
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: Official NEW MUTANTS Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutcryX View Post
ok, weren't the Hellions all eradicated by Sentinels? or was that like a third string team...i remember a character named beefcake or something. it was an awesome issue. it was the birth of the XMen gold team. Jean, Storm, Colossus, Iceman(i think). bishop was introduced a few issues later...it was my first issue i ever bought of x-men...my aunt had given me the one where storm beats cyclops for leadership of the x-men.
As Havok83 has said most of the orginal Hellions where killed off but a couple other versions have popped up through the years. One version lead by Monets brother Emplate which had no ties to the orginal and another version lead by King Bedlam who turn down Emma Frosts invatation to join and featured his girlfriend Tarot who he somehow brought back to life.

Cannonball has already gone through his leadership issues and shown to be a capable leader. He has been trained to be a leader by Xavier, Magneto, Cable and Pete Wisdom. He lead when Cable and Pete left X-Force isn't it kind of a backstep.

I always thought of Cannonball was intended to be a X-Men leader in the same kind of way Cyke was even though they are different characters.

Is Lila Cheney gonna show up?