View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 04:07 AM   #19
IMfan29

Default Re: Iron Man 2 Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomvsspidey View Post
i do like debney,he's got great music scores...and i like zimmer.however i'd like to keep djawadi,or if he doesent do it and they hire debney,then at least keep his themes.and as much as i like zimmer's score,i have to agree.whilst the score was produced by djawadi/zimmer, i think zimmer should stick to bats.
Well, I thought the "theme" (or lack thereof IMHO) was one of the main problems of the score. For rock music, it wasn't too bad. Some good guitar licks in there, but as for a movie score...I don't think so.

For example, the scene when he escapes out of the cave and he emerges for the first time in the Mark I, as soon as he escapes out of the gigantic fireball, the "dun dun dun dun, dun dun dun dun, DUN DUN!" starts, I thought it was laughable. The music was completely inappropriate for the scene, it was supposed to show this heroic escape, then comes the BIG "theme," which was utterly simplistic and un-fitting.

I dunno maybe it's just me, but that's one example where the music was supposed to shine and for me it did nothing. It actually detracted me from the scene and was annoying.

The music actually sounds decent on CD, but in the movie it was very unfitting, and I'm sure as this movie is watched in years to come it will actually make the movie seem pretty dated and cartoony.

So anyways, Debney should get the job.

Last edited by IMfan29; 02-19-2009 at 04:10 AM.
IMfan29 is offline   Reply With Quote