View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #131
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Default Re: Anyone prefer Iron Man over Dark Knight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I know, but all you hear is nothing but, "TDK is a solid script. Absolutely NO plot holes. The movie is perfect, nothing short of a masterpiece. Better then the Godfather, etc etc." from TDK love camp. All I was doing was answering a question.

I'm a HUGE Bat-fan, just as big as the next guy. Batman is, BY FAR, my favorite comic book hero, but TDK didn't impress me like I thought it would. Sure, I like the movie, but if I had to choose which one to watch(TDK or IM), I would probably choose Iron Man.
I don't think TDK is any better or less flawed than Batman Begins. Both of them have plenty of problems, especially with their climaxes. Iron Man has a similar problem with its climax as well. I can't wait to see someone put out a superhero movie that doesn't turn into an over the top action sequence during the climax. They sort of did this with TDK by having the intimate scene between Harvey, Gordon, and Batman but they ruined it by having the ferry boat/SWAT stuff immediately before that scene. It's almost a co-climax situation, but nevertheless half of that climax is simply a big, sloppy superhero action climax.

If you asked me to choose between TDK and Iron Man (if I could only own one of them for instance), it'd be TDK because of Ledger's Joker. He lights up the screen. So does RDJ, but I've seen similarly styled performances from RDJ in past movies whereas Ledger's was a style we haven't seen from him. If you asked me to choose between Batman Begins and Iron Man, it'd be a more difficult scenario. They are both excellent, engrossing origin stories for me. I'd say it's a toss-up. If someone had a gun to my head to choose between BB and IM, I might just let them blow my brains out in that situation due to indecision.

redfirebird2008 is offline   Reply With Quote