View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 08:02 PM   #55
The Lizard
Didn't eat Billy

Default Re: The History of Transforming Robots! (abridged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
I knew that....with out trying to sound like a prick...theres very little I dont know about Transformers.
I knew there was something I liked about you.

Quote:
Your forgetting about the "Jumpstarters".
True, and I also neglected to mention Shockwave, who had a futuristic design as well. But the Jumpstarters (being 1983 Diaclone toys) and Shockwave were already-existing toys before they were Transformers. I was just making the point that there was no reason for Takara to be pitching new futuristic alt-form designs to Hasbro in early '85, but you already know that.

Quote:
That one I'm not so sure about.
Its one of my guesses that the painting may have been part of a presentation for selling the design and likeness to Takara.
Well, remember that Bandai aggressively scooped up the toy rights to various anime robot designs from companies that went under in the early '80s like Takatoku and Clover. Also taking into account the fact that Bandai's chogokin series was still competing directly with Takara on several fronts (including the US), in 1985, I can't see them collaborating with Takara to give up a piece of the giant robot pie.

The guy who has that artwork should contact Takara/Tomy, show them the artwork and ask them directly. That's probably the only way we can find out for sure.

The Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote