View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 04:22 AM   #58
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Default Re: The History of Transforming Robots! (abridged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lizard View Post
Really? I thought that only Bandai produced the G1 "Macross" Jetfire after the Takatoku/Matsushiro stock ran out. If Takara made any Jetfires in thier factory for Hasbro, did they put their manufacturers' stamp on it? I've seen a LOT of G1 Jetfires, and I've never seen one that says "Takara" on it, just the usual variations with Bandai and Matsushiro .
Yes it did.

I've seen a rare few over the years.

A friend owned one and I saw at leat 2 at different TF conventions I've attended.

I'm not sure how many were made or for what market they were made for, U.S. or international, but I have seen them.

I had a pic of one on my pc once....I'll see if I can dig it up.

Quote:
The thing is, Bandai still had the total rights to Daimos (and Dangard Ace, etc), and Bandai wasn't in trouble like Takatoku and needing to sell off designs.
Did Bandi "OWN" the product at the time or was it under licensing?

Because if it was under licensing I could see how the concepts were being shopped around for a new buyer.

Quote:
Even if we overlook the fact that those robot and alt-mode designs are weird mix-ups and deviations from the Transformers concepts of 1985, why would Takara be tasked with creating concept designs for Hasbro based on robot designs they didn't own?
A Hasbro exc that may have been considering buying the rights to those robots may have commissioned someone at Takara to have them made as a tool to show his bosses.

Quote:
Remember that Skyfire looked nothing like the Jetfire toy, but those robot paintings still resemble their design sources.
But that was done by intent.It was so the character could be seen on Japan tv.

Quote:
I think this is one of those cases where Occam's Razor applies (ie: the simplest solution is the most likely).
That may be.

Quote:
If the guy who owns that artwork hasn't attempted to get an answer from Takara to clear up the issue, there's probably a reason, and that reason might be that it's fan-art or bootleg art.
Or that he's unawer of how to contact Takara.

Truth be told I dont.