View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #59
The Lizard
Didn't eat Billy

Default Re: The History of Transforming Robots! (abridged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
Yes it did.

I've seen a rare few over the years.
Cool. A Valkyrie with a Takara manufacturer's stamp would be quite a collectible to own. Please post pics if you find them.

Quote:
Because if it was under licensing I could see how the concepts were being shopped around for a new buyer.
A Hasbro exc that may have been considering buying the rights to those robots may have commissioned someone at Takara to have them made as a tool to show his bosses.
If the art turns out to be legit, that last suggestion would seem the most likely. It's still really weird the way that pre-existing design elements of certain late '70s, early '80s and mid/late '80s robots are mixed in three of those art pieces though. I could see Hasbro artists doing that, but it seems like an odd way for a Japanese company like Takara to present product. - Particularly product so similar to stuff Bandai was already selling in the US.

Quote:
Or that he's unawer of how to contact Takara.

Truth be told I dont.
Takara/Tomy actually has a Transformers comment blog on their site (in Japanese of course), where one can post pics. If it hasn't already been tried, someone should post the artwork on the Takara blog and ask if anyone knows about it. I know enough Japanese to ask a few basic questions, so I'd be happy to do it with permission. Link to blog:
http://www.c-player.com/ac39907/message

Last edited by The Lizard; 02-24-2009 at 11:26 AM.
The Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote