View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 09:20 AM   #19
Travesty
Feelin it in my bones!

Default Re: Where does most of TDK's critisism come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaviousINC View Post
The movie has been out for less then a year. It was adored and now gets bashed quite often in places like this. Pretty sudden. And of course it has flaws.When you really analyze Joker's plan it's outrageously intricate.There's no way anyone could pull that off. Personally I had no problem with the editing and staging. And I could care less what critics have to say. I don't even know who Jim Emerson is. And I could "deal with that fact that the film has flaws". Duh. The people who pick out the flaws are the ones who can't deal with it. That's why their picking out the flaws in the first place. It's just a movie. I swear the "Why So Serious?" tagline couldn't have rang any truer.
You shouldn't be so blind to categorize everybody in one conscious whole. I was more then excited for the movie leading up to the opening day. Once I saw it, I've had the same issues that I talk about. Trust me, I wanted the movie to be amazing, I wanted it to do well, and it has, but to me, it was far from what I was expecting/wanting in a Batman movie. TDK is a good movie, but again, it just doesn't feel like a Batman movie to me. What it feels like to me, is a mix of The Bourne Identity, plus James Bond, wearing a helmet with ears. It deviated so far from the atmosphere that was established in Begins, that it doesn't even feel like TDK and BB are in the same universe.

Its like being extremely thirsty, and wanting a drink really bad. Your friend keeps telling you about a vending machine filled with Coke-Cola in it, and then you start to think about how good the Coke will be. Well, your friend was mistaken, and it happens to be a Pepsi machine. Of course you're going to go ahead and buy the Pepsi cause you're so thirsty, but your heart was set on a Coke. The Pepsi is still good, but its just not what you were hoping for. Its not like its the end of the world, but at the end of the day, you would have preferred a Coke. Ya dig?

Last edited by Travesty; 03-16-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Travesty is online now   Reply With Quote