View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #21
OctaviusINC
It's Clobberin' Time!

Default Re: Where does most of TDK's critisism come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
You shouldn't be so blind to categorize everybody in one conscious whole. I was more then excited for the movie leading up to the opening day. Once I saw it, I've had the same issues that I talk about. Trust me, I wanted the movie to be amazing, I wanted it to do well, and it has, but to me, it was far from what I was expecting/wanting in a Batman movie. TDK is a good movie, but again, it just doesn't feel like a Batman movie to me. What it feels like to me, is a mix of The Bourne Identity, plus James Bond, wearing a helmet with ears. It deviated so far from the atmosphere that was established in Begins, that it doesn't even feel like TDK and BB are in the same universe.

Its like being extremely thirsty, and wanting a drink really bad. Your friend keeps telling you about a vending machine filled with Coke-Cola in it, and then you start to think about how good the Coke will be. Well, your friend was mistaken, and it happens to be a Pepsi machine. Of course your going to go ahead and buy the Pepsi cause your so thirsty, but your heart was set on a Coke. The Pepsi is still good, but its just not what you were hoping for. Its not like its the end of the world, but at the end of the day, you would have preferred a Coke. Ya dig?
I dig. And I understand your frustration. I agree that BB's atmosphere is quite different than TDK. Personally I'm not a huge fan of BB. I like it. But it's forgettable to me. Different strokes for different folks I guess. And I don't mean to categorize everyone as a whole, but I tend to see extreme fanboy love for this movie or the good 'ol fashioned "**** TDK" attitude. I guess I tend to overlook the "normal" viewers.

Good analogy btw.