View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 08:18 PM   #38
Daredevil_2003
The Man Without Fear

Default Re: Where does most of TDK's critisism come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKŪ View Post
The biggest problem with TDK is that Batman felt like a side character in his own movie. And not in the same way as Tim Burton's BATMAN. TDK was far more about Commissioner Gordon, Harvey Dent and The Joker. They made the movie.
I don't agree with this. While the four shared similar amounts of face time, the film was wholly about Batman.

I'll just say what I said in another thread about the same issue: I think people get distracted by The Joker (rightly so due to the marketing and his captivating performance) and the events transpiring. But when you sit back and think about it, they called it The Dark Knight for a reason, it is wholly about Batman. Everything that happens with all the personalities involved are there to further his journey and evolution. The Dark Knight is very much about Batman. Unlike the previous series where Batman was literally a supporting character more often than not.