View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #40
Daredevil_2003
The Man Without Fear

Default Re: Where does most of TDK's critisism come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Hehe. I knew he would be in the penthouse, but I didn't know it would be shot the way it was. Bias? TOTALLY! But it does kind of expand on why this doesn't feel like a "true" Batman movie, regardless if it happened in 1-2 comics in the 70s.
It was a quite a bit longer than a couple issues, IIRC.

Quote:
With this kind of thinking, B&R is totally justified, cause all of that stupid crap that has happend once or twice in the old 50s-60s comics.
B&R was a just a bad script with that hideous neon/nipples/and butt shots and a cast that looked like they'd rather be dead than in that movie. None of the stuff from it is really from the Silver Age comics. Which if Brave and The Bold has taught me anything, aren't that bad in concept. The best connection that could be made is with the Adam West show, but B&R lacks any of the charm, wit, and style that made that show so great.

Like I said, just a horribly done film on almost every level.

Quote:
I saw the movie about 14 times in the theater, I have it on my iPhone, and have watched it when I'm out and about, or at the gym on the treadmill. I have it on my laptop, and watch it when I'm out of town on business, and I also bought a Blu-Ray player, and a copy just to watch it.....Also, I bought it on standard DVD, just encase

Am I a hypocrite? Maybe from some point of views, but I do like the movie.
I understand your beefs a lot better, but if you watch it that ****ing much you're definitely at least a wee bit hypocritical, or perhaps overstating your issues with it. Like damn...that's a lot of Dark Knight to be watchin' for a man having so many problems with it!

But......I salute you, sir. I never thought I'd come across someone who had actually seen it more times than I have.

Quote:
If there was a "handshake" smiley, I would give you one. Nice talking to you, sir.
Back at ya.