View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #44
Daredevil_2003
The Man Without Fear

Default Re: Where does most of TDK's critisism come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
I actually liked that the suspense is lessened every time you watch it. The first time, the tension got me so bad I went through the entire movie trying to nurse a bad foot cramp.

TDK has stopped being a movie where I see what's next. Actually, since I tend to spoil myself before every movie I watch, that's not the point of watching any movie for me. Seeing a movie tends to be an experience, seeing how a story is constructed. I particularly love doing this with Nolan films because he constructs them so thoughtfully, yet effortlessly. TDK is the first movie from Nolan and Co. that plays linearly, so I wasn't sure how they would handle it. Turns out it was fine, nay, arguably his best film.
Here's my problem with this, who honestly expects a film to still be suspenseful when they've seen it already? Am I missing somethng here? TDK stopped being 'suspenseful' after the credits rolled on my first viewing. There can't really be suspense if you know what's going to happen.

I agree on Nolan, he's truly one of the best. So far I haven't seen a film from him that's dissapointed. Why I'm looking forward to that sci-fi flick he's working on, even if it pushes back B3 a bit.