View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 10:13 AM   #71
Travesty
Dats right!

Default Re: Where does most of TDK's critisism come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainClown View Post
I felt it didn't feel fluid at all. It felt abrupt and choppy. I said this when it first came out "the movie felt like it was running a marathon" While i understand that was the intended feel, I think if it gave me time for some of the things to build up it would have been better.
This was also my biggest complaint about the movie. And you describing it like a "marathon" is a good way of putting it. It was just next scene, next scene, next scene, next scene, etc up until the movie ended. There was no time for any emotions to sink in, or for you to take in the atmosphere of the background. I didn't feel attached to Gotham at all, not because of how "realistic" it was, but by how little emotion was put on the table. And the little emotion that was there, was just washed away by how fast the scenes went by, or how many other plots were going on in the movie. And this also contributes to why I didn't really enjoy The Joker, as it never gave us any time to actually feel anything for him, again, attributes from to many things going on in this movie to be distracted by. The story had WAYYY to much going on for what time they were given for this movie.

I would have liked it if they split this movie up into 2 separate films, and made it into the trilogy. In the second, focus more on The Joker and Batman, while introducing Dent. Have Rachel die at the end of the movie, along with Dents transformation into Two-Face. Then, the third movie would be all about Two-Face, and the capture/demise of him.

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote