View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 06:50 AM   #100
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

Default Re: Official NEW MUTANTS Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutcryX View Post
a way around the 198 rule...bring back the dead characters! then again...they introduced both graymalkin and cipher....and ink...and his tattoo artist...but decided 4 was too many and made ink a um, er, hmm...i'll just say super human
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
What?
Despite there only being 198* mutants left on Earth, the writer of Young X-Men introduced several undocumented mutants: Jonas Graymalkin (who was living under Xavier's mansion since the 18th or 19th century), Cipher (who has invisibility & phasing powers, and only Cyclops, Jean, & Blindfold were aware of her existence until recently), and a tattoo artist named Nunez (I don't know how the hell he flew under the radar).

Ink was never intended to be a mutant, though. That was established in Young X-Men #2, when Rockslide said his scanner only detected 5 mutants in the room: Rockslide, Dust, Wolfcub, Blindfold, and Graymalkin (who was hiding in the shadows the whole time). Ink and Pierce-as-Cyclops were both in the room.

*I call "bull" on the number 198. There are probably 300+ mutants on Earth. The 198 didn't include the Morlocks, Marauders, or Acolytes. It didn't include Jonas buried under Xavier's mansion. It didn't include Xavier, who has been repowered since that list was made. It didn't include Ink's tattoo artist. It didn't include Cipher because she's undetectable when she wants to be. It didn't include Quicksilver, who has since been repowered. And I seriously doubt the O.N.E. was allowed to travel the globe and extract mutants every country on Earth. There are a lot of flaws with using such an exact number.

Manic is offline   Reply With Quote