View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #59
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

Default Re: Aynone else kinda done with Jackman's Wolverine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie_girl09 View Post
Um... I never actually said that you said that. I was talking about common complaints that people have for Hugh Jackman not looking like Wolverine.
Show me the quote where I said that the actor needed to be ugly. You mentioned if first, and then I quoted you.
The only thing I said was that he didn't have the right face. His face is too thin and his nose too pointy to wear those mutton chops he wears. The more I think about, as a matter of fact, the more I think that Jackman was competely wrong for the role. He did alright with what he was given, and the most comic-accurate of all the movies was his first 20 minutes of X1, but as Jackman assumed more and more control of the movies and his character, he got softer and softer, which means he didn't understand the character, and what the fans of the comics like about the character. So yeah, he was and is wrong for the role, but he did ok with what he had.

Everyone here needs to go read that 1994 script. That is truly a comic Wolverine. I just read another DR scene, where they are playing a type of "capture the flag" game. Cyclops beats Wolverine to the flag by a second. Wolverine offers to shake Cyclops' hand in a gesture of sportsmanship, but instead punches Cyclops when he takes the bait. Wolverine picks up the flag, and the end-of-game bell sounds. Wolverine wins.
That, my friends is Wolverine.

Last edited by not_a_victim; 05-03-2009 at 12:30 PM.
not_a_victim is offline   Reply With Quote