View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 11:57 AM   #65
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

Default Re: Aynone else kinda done with Jackman's Wolverine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie_girl09 View Post
You are determined to pick a fight, aren't you? Okay.
Once again, I never said that you said he was too good-looking. I just said that this is one of the common complaints that people have for his not looking like Wolverine.
And your argument for Hugh Jackman not being right for the role is the fault of the writers. This can be fixed. Getting rid of Hugh Jackman will not fix this. And saying that he cannot wear mutton chops? That's just nitpicking, no offense.
You're determined to loose a fight. Again, this ran off the rails when you stated that the actor didn't need to be short and ugly. You mentioned the ugly thing first. Find the quote where I said that, and I will admit you are right.
And no, Jackman is everything that is wrong with the movie character at this point...
Again, as the X trilogy progressed, and now the evolution of the "Originsj" movie, Jackman has had more and more control of the story, writing, and character(s). Notice how the trilogy and now the "Origins" movie have strayed further and further from the real character of Wolverine. Therefore, Jackman is wrong for the role, as he apparently doesn't have a solid concept of what the comic book Wolverine fans find so appealing about the character. As Jackman's involvement has gone up, the comic accurateness of the character has gone down.
Therefore, he is wrong for the role.
Yes, Jackman has presented the world with a watered down Wolverine that the ma$$e$ like and spend money on, and that is all fine and dandy, but there are some of us who want to see the comic book Wolverine on teh screen, and haven't gotten it yet.

not_a_victim is offline   Reply With Quote