View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #57
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Best one vs one fight in the X-Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
Hmm I think Wolvie vs. Deathstrike is probably the best, but my favorite would have to be the forest scene in X3. Wouldn't that in a way count as a '1 on 1' fight? The mutant with the pine cones () coming out of his wrists vs. Wolverine. They were the center of the whole sequence with Wolvie taking out random mutants in between. I thought it was awesome. I remember how cool the little smirk that mutant gave when he hit Logan the first time and threw two more near him on the ground, and then he slowly brought out two more in his arms. Awesome. I'd probably vote for that one if it was in there, but the Deathstrike is definitely one of the best.
Actually, sorry, that was one i forgot, I personally would consider it one of the worst, but yeah, I just genuinly forgot about one, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
But he was wearing a badass outfit, I'll give him that. That made the scene (fight) for me honestly

I did consider that for a bit, but felt it was just too short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Why do so many people think that the fight between Wolverine and Lady Deathstrike was the best?

As far as I'm concerned, it's EASILY the worst.

I don't get why people would enjoy the way too overly choreographed fights like Wolverine vs. Lady Deathstrike that really take you out of the depth and drama of the film, when X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine are full of more gritty, raw, and realistic looking fights that don't take you out of the actual movie.
Well, judging by the poll Nell, it isnt .

Personally, I thought the fighting in X3 and Wolverine was more coreographed than anything in X2, the wire-work in X3 and Wolvie was mostly poor as well compared to what I thought was great wire-work in X2 (especially the Nightcrawler scene). Wolverine vs Deathstryke was the right kind of brutal, gritty fight that this series should have had, the action took a step down significantly with X3 IMO, Wolverine improved on X3 a little bit but not by much.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote