View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #58
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Best one vs one fight in the X-Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Personally, I thought the fighting in X3 and Wolverine was more coreographed than anything in X2, the wire-work in X3 and Wolvie was mostly poor as well compared to what I thought was great wire-work in X2 (especially the Nightcrawler scene). Wolverine vs Deathstryke was the right kind of brutal, gritty fight that this series should have had, the action took a step down significantly with X3 IMO, Wolverine improved on X3 a little bit but not by much.
All of the X-movies have had some 'dodgy' wirework. But I will say that the Deathstrike fight looked a lot better on Blu-ray viewing than I remembered.

X1 had Storm's awkward landing from the elevator. X3 had the mutants leaping too slowly on to the island from the bridge, and an odd horizontal leap from Beast. But X3's Storm twirling at Jean's house was fine, although Jean's vertical levitation at Alcatraz was a bit stiff!

X2 is the most consistent all round, though i do not think it perfect. The wirework in Wolverine as far as i recall was fine.

(And I didn't even mind Wolvie hacking the fire escape, it was a bit 'cartoonish' but then again...this is a cartoon/comicbook character and it was the obvious way to bring Gambit down!)