View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #59
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Best one vs one fight in the X-Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
All of the X-movies have had some 'dodgy' wirework. But I will say that the Deathstrike fight looked a lot better on Blu-ray viewing than I remembered.

X1 had Storm's awkward landing from the elevator. X3 had the mutants leaping too slowly on to the island from the bridge, and an odd horizontal leap from Beast. But X3's Storm twirling at Jean's house was fine, although Jean's vertical levitation at Alcatraz was a bit stiff!

X2 is the most consistent all round, though i do not think it perfect. The wirework in Wolverine as far as i recall was fine.
Agreed, there were dodgy wire moments in all of the movies, I just found the wirework in the first 2 a bit better than the last 2 personally. The wirework in the white house scene in particular was amazing in X2 I thought.

Wolverine had the odd dodgy moment, Gambit's leap from fire escape to fire escape was one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
(And I didn't even mind Wolvie hacking the fire escape, it was a bit 'cartoonish' but then again...this is a cartoon/comicbook character and it was the obvious way to bring Gambit down!)
It wasnt the idea of the scene most people had a problem with, it was the execution, it was like something out of Batman and Robin, it just totally took you out of the movie, especially with how quick they had him doing it. Him doing it slowly, calculatingly, would have been more effective. The rest of the Gambit fight was fine though, just wish it had been a little longer personally.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote