View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #101
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Best one vs one fight in the X-Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by returntovoid View Post
Agreed, Those action sequences from X2 never get old IMO.
No they dont, they are amazing, yet people think Singer cant direct action .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
It's not a matter of having room, it's a matter of who fits the story best. And Emma Frost did have a substantial role in the Dark Phoenix storyline which the end to Singer's X2 obviously hinted at for his X-3.
And Gambit was originally in X-3, even got as far as having a guy cast and showing up in the movie trailer, only to have been edited out. I forgot the actor's name, but he was pretty vocal about it on here during the pre-X3 days when the teaser trailer hit. So looked like X3 had no room for him either.
Agreed, you write the story and find which characters fit that story, not the other way around. And i'm pretty certain Singer mentioned Gambit being in X3 just after X2 was released, I think he would have been included.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote