View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 11:20 AM   #119
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Best one vs one fight in the X-Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by returntovoid View Post
Check Gambit in other media page at Wikipedia.
Interesting, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Wolverine vs. Deathstrike is probably the best.

But Nightcrawler in the White House is by far the best action sequence in the entire series, including Wolverine.

And just a couple nitpicks...I don't see how Phoenix and Xavier counts as a "fight", and the second Wolverine/Creed fight is not in Las Vegas, it's in New Orleans.
They were fighting with their powers, so its a fight in a technical sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
That treatment sounds pretty good, except for the whole aspect about her spirit surviving as some god like entity.

I like The Last Stand's portrayal best, that the Phoenix powers and force come from within herself, a split personality that has taken control, and that she is in fact just as mortal as anyone else.

I don't like supernatural for the sake of supernatural, which is what her spirit surviving as a god like entity sounds like to me.
Funny, just reading that treatment was on the whole a thousand times better than watching X3 for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSINGRAPHD View Post
I couldn't agree more, X2 remains the high point. It's the pinnacle of success in every aspect for the X-franchise so far, IMHO.
I voted for Jean vs. Cyke, 'cause she's my girl. Love her! God, how I wish Singer would've completed the trilogy. TLS was, well, just not up to par.
Totally agreed with the bolded, following on from X2, it should have been so easy to make an X3 that not only matched X2, but surpassed, and under any other studio and director, it probably would have. But no, we are stuck with Fox.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(4)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(5)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(6)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(7)Godzilla-8(8)Neighbours-8(9)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(10)The Lego Movie-7.5(11)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(12)Robocop-7.5(13)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(14)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(15)47 Ronin-6(16)The Monuments Men-5(17)Ride Along-5(18)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote