View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 11:48 PM   #59
Darthkush
Avenger

Default Re: Generation X Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
I never get this. So should black people NOT hook up in the Marvel universe without being considered forced because of skin color? Synch and M actually felt pretty natural to me, and no, he and Jubilee wasn't dating. She liked him but he never really showed any interest I don't think besides just the basic friendliness. He showed mild interest in Monet from the early days of Gen X.

Storm and Black Panther was a little forced, though she wasn't dating Wolverine. Wolverine and Nightcrawler both liked her and she ended up chosing Black Panther over both of them. But yeah, it did feel a little forced.

The problem isn't two black characters hooking up, it's how natural the writers make it feel. I mean, I would've bought Storm hooking up with Bishop better than Black Panther. At least they spent a lot of time together.

As for M, I had forgotten about the whole twin sister thing. I'll have to go look that up.

Did anybody else find Angel/Hust creepy? He just feels WAY too old for her(even though the way comic characters are done it's probably only like a 4 year age difference or so).

Darthkush is offline   Reply With Quote