View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #65
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Default Re: Michael Bay out of the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Yeah Starscream looking like a chicken isn't a good thing. There's no need for robots to look like dinosaurs. That's why we have the Dinobots. Transformers are supposed to have humanoid robot forms to parallel humans. Their alt forms are where they appear to be something foreign like an animal or a vehicle.
They are supposed to look humanoid? Since when? So i suppose you like that all the G1 characters are basically 95% the same in terms of design? You dont like the variety of forms that the bayformers have?

Quote:
And bumblebee having a blaster for a hand is not a mind blowing addition. It's rather basic.
Megatron did something similar. I didnt say its the best thing in the world. Just that i liked it.

Quote:
Bumblebee is still a runt but having him as a nerdy friend of Sam made the character more relatable. It was as if the only Autobot who could truly relate to Sam was a pacifist and a geek. Jetfire looks silly with his wulrus stache and cane. Nothing Bay did made him anymore majestic ("My bad"?). And Megatron looks like a run-of-the-mill monster. Gone was the humanoid for that made him look like he had a nazi helmet on wih his sadistic grin. His giant arm bazooka was iconic and a powerful image of a warlord. Now he looks like a monster you'd find in a sci-fi channel original. Gone is any parallel you'd find to an evil dictator of human history which made the character far more symbolic.
Bay's Bumblebee might be a puppy near Sam, but he is ****ing hardcore when it comes to combat. As for the rest of your post.... eh.... Enjoy your cubes and huge robots turning into small guns!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
That doesn't even look like G1 prime.

Since when did G1 prime have a pot belly?
Yeah, totally different. Whatever makes your arguement man.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote