View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 01:24 PM   #75
Timstuff
Banned User

Default Re: Michael Bay out of the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I remember that WETA was doing some early concept work for a Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I know this suggestion might seem somewhat farfetched but having Peter Jackson's interpretation of "Transformers" would be a sight to see. Not sure if he would sign on that easily but Jackson is notorious for playing with sfx (something he would have fun doing with "Transformers" working with ILM and maybe even bringing WETA on board) and he is working with Spielberg on "The Adventures of Tin Tin" so there's a connection right there.

Spielberg as a producer doesn't have to look far if he needs to get a new director for the third film.
Weta's Evangelion project looked kickass. I really hope they can get a studio to pick it up someday, because NGE is my favorite anime series and one of my favorite TV shows period. It's pretty much tied with Superman in the "movie projects I want to escape from development hell" category.

Anyway, I'm not sure if Peter Jackson would do Transformers 3. The guy is pretty busy, and I honestly don't see him picking up where another director left off. And given that there's like a lot of creative differences between Jackson and Bay, I wouldn't count on a very strong sense of continuity since he'll probably want to change things to his own tastes.

Personally, Louis Leterrier would be my first choice. He's just as capable of balls-to-the-wall action scenes as Michael Bay (including chaotic car chases, as seen in The Transporter), and in The Incredible Hulk showed that he can put together a cool monster fight scene. If the goal is to maintain continuity with the first two movies will injecting a bit of new flavor, I think Leterrier would be the most logical choice.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote