View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 01:04 PM   #78
CEREBRAL....
Agent in action!

Default Re: Michael Bay out of the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timstuff View Post
The G1 designs are too blocky and simple to look compelling in a real world setting. The only way they would work is if the entire movie was an animated CG film, because that's the one setting where such cartoony looking designs would be acceptable. I am an animator and I can assure you that in addition to the fact that the G1 designs would look stupid in real life, they simply would not be any fun to animate as CG. The G1 designs are what you would use in a direct-to-video movie or a Sci-Fi Saturday Original, because they are simple and easy to animate. For a multi-million dollar blockbuster though, a more baroque design is preferable.
an i'm a graphic designer...i don't want a real live film to be the exact same as any cartoon..i do realize and would hope things get updated...."boxy" as the term is used...to me is what the vehicles were back then (80s). I'm just not gonna say a G1 verison or something somewhat similiar to it wouldn't work...with the powers and talent of grphic artist and ainmators anything is possible..keyword "simliar to"

i think the concept art of "long haul" was done great..and it's the film...if the other robots were done with that similar approach (not like or look) then i think a lot of us wouldn't complain..

Last edited by CEREBRAL....; 06-18-2009 at 01:08 PM.
CEREBRAL.... is offline   Reply With Quote