View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 04:11 PM   #110
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Michael Bay out of the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEREBRAL.... View Post
it's your personal perference if you like beast wars over G1...u can't say it started to pick up during Beast Wars..cuz TF'ers has always been popular with the kids

i also find it funny when people say the cartoon was "cheesy", really it was?? no ish..it's a cartoon...it's suppose to be..who looks at a cartoon and expect something more out of it..do u ever sit down and watch anything on the disney channel? It's cheesy..cuz it's suppose to be...

i mean i can sit down and watch an old 80s cartoon and not be appaulled given the year and the genre that's it's under...

i think a lot of you guys keep thinking people want the exact same thing from the cartoon..and that's not the case...yes somethings referenced from the cartoon..but not the cartoon in itself onto the live action screen..it's a misconcepation that gets used too much on here...
And you completely missed my point.

Did I ever say that G1 wasn't popular with "the kids"? No.

I only stated that the "Transformers" as a series picked up in storytelling and character development when "Beast Wars" hit the airwaves. This isn't a matter of opinion but something gladly admitted by fans of the TF franchise. The writers were just better than the one's working back in the 80's on 30 minute promo ads for Hasbro. Sorry to break it to you.

Expecting the films to references G1 only and adhere to all its designs and dialogue and other simple trauma then you would have one cluncky movie.

Why is there a problem in embracing the franchise as a whole instead of just looking at G1 for complete guidance?

craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote