View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #112
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Michael Bay out of the way!

Bay quitting Transformers 3? No

Quote:
According to Total Film, Michael Bay is finished with the franchise (yeah right).

Hollywood directors, start writing your CVs now. Michael Bay has said that he will not be returning for Transformers 3, should Paramount decide to make it.

“It's easy to go shoot an art movie in a winery in the South of France,” he said. “But people have no idea how hard it is to create something like Transformers.

Here is the thing to pay attention to. First the source is WENN whose function is to essential funnel crap from papparazzi to the public so accuracy isn't a priority. Second, his statements are similiar to what he has been saying for a while now about needing a year break before returning for the third film, which is why there are two potential release dates floating around - July of 2011 or 2012. Third, notice that they didn't actually quote Bay himself saying he was quitting. They just stated it. His actual quotes are complaining about the critics.

If he said 'I am not making Transformers 3' there would have been quotation marks around that statement. So until he is quoted (preferably on his website or on video), I am taking it with a grain of salt. I am not saying the Bay will not quit, that is always a possibility with Hollywood types, but I think the main reason he may not return is if Paramount refuses to give him a year break he is asking for. Its like with the movie spoilers, until its proven from official sources, its all speculation. Thanks to Thirston and Florian for the link.

- TFMB
He makes some good points. I also forgot about this article from a while back from when Michael made some comments on his "shoot for the edit" forum.

Quote:
"Apparently miffed at Paramount's announcement yesterday that it would only offer movies in HD DVD format and not Blu-ray after testing both formats for a year, director Michael Bay says he will not make a second "Transformers" movie - which may or may not be a bad thing depending on your tastes.
"I want people to see my movies in the best formats possible. For them to deny people who have Blu-ray sucks! They were progressive by having two formats. No Transformers 2 for me!" Bay wrote in a forum posting on his "Shoot for the Edit" Web site. The response highlights the frustration that both directors and consumers are experiencing with competing high-definition formats."

- Source
Bay will probably just make whatever movie he wants thats not "Transformers" related. The question that remains really is if Paramount is willing to wait for Bay?

craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote