View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #116
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Default Re: Michael Bay out of the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEREBRAL.... View Post
it's your personal perference if you like beast wars over G1...u can't say it started to pick up during Beast Wars..cuz TF'ers has always been popular with the kids

i also find it funny when people say the cartoon was "cheesy", really it was?? no ish..it's a cartoon...it's suppose to be..who looks at a cartoon and expect something more out of it..do u ever sit down and watch anything on the disney channel? It's cheesy..cuz it's suppose to be...

i mean i can sit down and watch an old 80s cartoon and not be appauled given the year and the genre that's it's under...

i think a lot of you guys keep thinking people want the exact same thing from the cartoon..and that's not the case...yes somethings referenced from the cartoon..but not the cartoon in itself onto the live action screen..it's a misconcepation that gets used too much on here...
Beast Wars is widely considered as the best TF series ever. G1 just cant compare, even though it had the original Prime and Megatron. The direction, storylines and characters were so much better in BW.

I guess this board is full of Geewunners with no logic now. Jesus guys, take off your nostalgia goggles or invent a time machine and go back to the 80ies and watch your Saturday morning cartoons. I am glad Bay evolved the designs and took some freedom with the characters. Its been 20 years now. Every franchise should evolve to go with the times. Just because some geek chose the VW beetle as Bee's alt mode doesnt mean that another car would be so bad. Is everything so perfect with G1? Did they make no mistakes, no bad choices? Is there really that big a difference that Bee is now a Camaro? Is it so bad that Megatron looks scarier and doesnt transform into a tiny gun now (ridiculous)? Cry more.....

Last edited by Mr. Earle; 06-18-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote