Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread
Didn't like Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. First was way better. Reason?
1. Absolutely ZERO character development for the Autobots. Bumblebee was there, but still felt somewhat empty. Optimus was the only one with a presence.
2. All the attention was on Skip and Mudflap. It's like Jar Jar in Star Wars! ARGH! These twin racist representations of ghetto people was only smirk worthy some of the time. Most of the time all we see is them! I want Ironhide! Ratchet! Arcee! Bumblebee! Sideswipe! These guys were only seen fighting, being transported, and with one liners in the fights. THAT'S IT =(
3. All style, no substance. As expected, but more so than I thought.
1. Optimus Prime kicks tons of ass. This makes up for his lacking in the first.
2. Megatron and Starscream are just like they are in the original cartoons, great addition.
3. The CGI was AMAZING. Hot damn I've never seen so much special effects. It's like the end of the first movie times ten. Great job in this department.
Loved the first, so-so for this. I'd say 6/10-6.5/10
I'll give it a rewatch, maybe my verdict will be different like it was for Sin City when I rewatched that.
"I'm the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice."
"Now I'm the best at whatever it is Wolverine does!"
Last edited by Ryo Jin; 06-19-2009 at 11:36 AM.