View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #20
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Just watched the movie. And I must say, most of my thoughts have already been posted. It does seem rushed and yet some parts just dragged. In other words, pacing could have been tighter. Also, some parts that struck a nerve:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
A fellow robot died in order to give Optimus his upgrade. Upon beating the Fallen, what does he do? Chucks it aside like so much waste.

The Fallen revealed the Transformers' existence and announced he was after Sam. The movie also indicated that the government was considering said option. Yet, at no point did it feel as though other humans were after him. Sure, he was on a 'wanted list' but again, nothing came of it.

There were far, far too many Transformers on both sides and at the climax. I couldn't tell them apart and more importantly, I couldn't tell whose side they were on. It was just too chaotic to appreciate.

Lastly, Devastator's size could have been done better. Why have a humongous Transformer built from several vehicles and not put another Transformer beside for scale comparison? Then, there's the really big one at the start of the movie, making Devastator's initial appearance all the less impressive.

Last edited by mr. peasant; 06-19-2009 at 12:59 PM.