View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 05:55 PM   #63
cyclone
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Jus got back from seeing it (in the UK). I gotta say, I loved it.

I'm not taking a swipe at anyone, but you've gotta realise, you've got film with big robots....with Michael Bay directing....was anyone seriously hoping or expecting a film which was gonna win an Oscar or other award for 'Best Actor' or 'Best Director'?? A proper 'film-film'? It does what it's designed to do. Rake in money.

Personally, I loved it. Don't really have any gripes. Maybe Wheelie was a bit pants....but thats it. Loved the Twins. The whole "I will bust your face..." was brilliant.

Couldn't see any major plotholes that you'd lose sleep over. Only thing I didn't quite 'get', is they must have duplicated the Constructicons, or each Constructicon had 2 variations. In the last part with Devastator, he's clearly in one piece destroying stuff, while you see Long Haul, Scrapper etc in the fight with Sam, Mikaela, Lennox etc. Odd...

But yeh, as far as Summer blockbusters go, and as far as a sequel, to me it did what it should. Took characters we knew, developed them a bit more, gave us some new characters, and improved on the first.

9/10.

But that doesn't mean it won't still chip off a piece of its own shell and stab you in the face with it.