View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 06:26 PM   #92
Episode29
Hooper Drives The Boat!

Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meus View Post
I just came out of the theatre and although I don't want to go into details about my personal review of the movie (it was awesome. end.) I do want to mention Mikaela.

Right from the get go when she was on her bike in that angle, the crowd moaned with discontent. Her shiny face and sexuality oozing, with the camera loving her blue eyes in the backdrop of this intense sunlight, made some people uncomfortable at what type of movie they were going to get. I think everyone was already convinced she was only there for the sex appeal. As the movie went on, whispers of how 'dumb' and 'stupid' her character was spread - mainly due to her stereotypical cliché's of relationships and how boys "always change the subject". For a beautiful and mature woman to be acting like a young school girl increased the dislike of her.

I don't know about you guys, but I felt more chemistry and closeness between Optimus and Sam. Mikaela's character was a waste of space. She mentioned how she follows Sam "till this point" so he doesn't get himself killed, so all she does is stand in the scene or hold his hand when running. Optimus and Sam, on the other hand, sacrifice each other for one another. The dialogue between the two was fantastic.
Epic post.