View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #2
The Guard
Side-Kick

Default Re: Filling in the Plot Holes

I think you're wasting your time with this thread. It's pretty obvious some people just want to pick ROTF apart at every level, and simply don't want to think about the things in the movie that do make sense in context, because they're disappointed overall.

It's interesting, really. Because it's fine when characters in BATMAN BEGINS happen to run into each other or be related somehow, or loose plot threads manage to pull together, and it's fine in THE DARK KNIGHT when Harvey Dent happens to fall halfway into a puddle of gasoline that then happens to ignite to the point where he happens to be burnt halfway, or that a mob would keep all their money in one bank, or someone can fall out a window and survive a 40 MPH plunge onto a car unscathed, or a boat full of criminals doesn't blow up a boat full of innocents, or The Joker manages to put all those barrels and explosives on two National Guard supervised evacuation boats, but in a movie about giant transforming robots, apparently we need to question things like why the evil ones didn't just kill the humans outright, because that would be more realistic, or why the Allspark can both kill and heal...

I think there's some fair criticism of the movie, to be sure, and this movie has a number of flaws, over the top elements and what have you, but by and large over the last few days, it sort of comes down to, people have a perception of the film as a whole and either because they don't want to, or aren't capable of rational thinking, they want to impose that perception on every single element of it. And to hell and be damned with assessing each element fairly.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote