View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 08:25 AM   #36
Superfreak
Gramaton Cleric

Default Re: Filling in the Plot Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Well the total disrespect for geography didnt bother me as much as i thought it would.
But it is kind or stupid that the Pyramids are right on the one side of the border and the Petra monument on the other.

Do you guys know where Giza is? Somewhere in the middle of Egypt next to the Nile. Nowhere near the border. And Petra is somewhere in the jordanian desert. But even if you didnt know this, it would be stupid to buy that the two monuments are a couple of miles afar with the border in the middle.

But i suppose that by placing them near each other allowed the plot to work while using those two beautiful sites. So i suppose i can let it pass.

you'd just think whoever wrote the script should have had a thought like this:
-I wanna set the finale of transformers 2 in the middle east
-I know nothing about the middle east except for country names
-maybe I should just look the stuff up, and familiarize myself with the setting

and seeing that the film crew actuaally had to travel between the two spots, they know what's up too.

that being said, Sam and crew cross the border from Egypt into Jordan, BEFORE they get to the pyramids, which is really confusing. So if we just assume that these are fictional pyramids in Jordan, that would explain why Jordanian helos come to the 'rescue' to deliver simmons an operation walky.

doesn't explain why simmons sends the soldiers to egypt. The movie is just inconsistent all the way through, that's the problem