Gallagher
Shaman of Sexy

Default Re: The New Ultimate DC RPG: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

. THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG .
Character Application

.Screen name: Gallagher

.Character you wish to portray: Doctor Johnathan Crane

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Villain

.Powers and physical attributes: World-renowned professor of medicine and biology. Crane is a man weak in stature yet strong in mind. Is an incredibly gifted chemist.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): Crane grew up in a rather wealthy home to loving parents Angela and Robert Crane. He had a happy childhood and was often noted as being a fearless little boy that would confront anything and everyone. He always had an interest in human psychology, in his later years keeping it more as a hobby than a profession, following in his father's footsteps to become a Doctor. At the young age of 21 Crane did a stint of volunteer work in Arkham Asylum, these months proved to be eye-opening for the young medical professional, as he interacted with true suffers of many different kinds of mental illness. Now at the age of 28, Crane has applied for a full time job inside Arkham is it's youngest ever Medical Consultant.

.The burning question - Why this character?: I always found Crane to be fascinating and a brilliant parallel to his usual nemesis Batman. I feel as though I can bring something different with Crane, not the usual sympathetic villain that came from a bad neighbourhood with asbusive parents. Crane is someone that goes stark raving mad for no reason at all. He has no excuse, which is refreshing.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: This Crane is a bit younger, more confident and strong willed. His up bringing was idyllic and his mother didn't die on him. He's a medical doctor rather than a psychiatrist and resides on Arkham Island.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: A villain that isn't really going to be all that villainous for awhile, at least not overtly. Also, you lucky bastards, this is the first DC game I've ever played in (not including WSS)

.Provide a sample post as the character you wish to portray, in three paragraphs or more:

Arkham Diary Entry #034

The island has welcomed me with open arms, I now officially reside on Arkham. It's a strange thought, that I am to be living on a small patch of land surrounded by water on all sides, reminds me somewhat of Alcatraz. The feeling of claustrophobia is likely to subside within my first few weeks here, a natural emotional reaction to being 'stuck' on an island on which an asylum is housed with only one way on our off being the bridge into the Narrows. Ironic, most of the people stuck in the asylum itself originate from The Narrows. On second thought I may want to investigate this.

In any case I had an official meet and greet with the staff here, most of them perfectly competant and friendly and some of them are still here from my volunteer work as a student, they even baked me a small cake to mark my arrival and tenure here, I was most flattered. However a few things about the asylum concern me, first and foremost I have yet to meet Professor Arkham himself, I feel as though a talk with him would put my mind to rest about other, smaller issues. Is it not proper for an employer to meet his employee on his first day of work?

My quarters are more than homely and suitable, I have a small apartment within the staff block of houses. Four rooms and a kitchen and bathroom to myself rather than the shared quarters downstairs. Not that it would bother me in the slightest If I were to share with the rest of the staff, I almost feel as though I am one of the inmates myself now that I've been cordened off into my very own apartment!

All joking aside I look forward to starting my work in earnest tomorrow, apparently I'm to be taken on a tour of the facility and meet a few of the inmates. I wonder if some of the older ones remember me? I'm sure I'll remember a few of the more... unforgettable cases I met back as a student. As for now however I feel it best I get a full night's rest, tomorrow is likely to be a rather busy day.

.Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype?: Yep