View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #7
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Default Re: The New Ultimate DC RPG

Central City University

"Now....what exactly does Newton's law tell us?"
Professor Thawne says as he looks over his eyeglasses smugly.

"Anyone?...Anyone at all? It's a shame, I assumed all the students in Physics 204 knew the most basic laws of phy-"

I cut him off as my hand shoots up.

"Mr. Allen?"

"For every action there is an equal, or greater reaction."

He narrows his eyes at me and turns on his heels back to the board.

"Correct, there may be hope for you yet."

I smile a bit as I lean back in my seat, satisfied at knocking Dillon down a few pegs. Out the corner of my eye, I spot a dark-haired woman smiling at me.

"Hey! Wait up!" the dark-haired woman from the class yells at me as I walk across the quad.

"Your name's Bart, right?"

"Yeah. Bart Allen"

"I've seen you around campus. I'm Valerie Perez." She says as she holds out her hand.

I shake it and smile.

"What can I help you with?"

"I just wanted to talk to you. You're not in a frat or anything, and I never see you around the dorms."

"I live off-campus with my family. We live in Keystone across the river."

"Interesting. I tell you what." She says as she holds out a sheet of paper.

"Here is my number. I don't know if you'd like to, I don't know...get a drink sometime?"

I try to play it cool, but it feels like my heart is beating the speed of Mach 3 when I nod at her.

"I'd like that. I'll call you tomorrow."

Central City Police Department

"Central City Police Department how may I direct your call?"

It's not much of a job, but it's a job. Something to get my foot into the door when it comes time for me to enlist in the academy.

"Uh-huh...Okay, one second. I'll redirect your call to Captain Seymour ....Mike, Line Two."

The front door to the police department and I hear chuckles.

"There he is!" My father says with a smile as he and Jay walk in.

"The long arm of the law hard at work!" Jay quips as they walk to the front desk.

"Hey, guys." I say as I swivel my chair towards them.

"Catch any murders today?"

"I'll have you know that information is classified. If we told you, we'd have to kill you." Jay says with a wink.

Jay's been my father's partner as long as I've been alive. Both my mom and dad's parents died before I was born. So, in many ways, he is my grandfather.

"How was school today, Bart?"

"Same ole, same ole. Professor Thawne was giving me some trouble."

"Want us to background check him for you? Him being an academic and all, I bet he has a seedy past."

"Don't worry about it."
I say with a laugh as the phone starts to ring.

"Now let me get back to my job. You bums should try working too!"

"Check the tone, son. Don't forget who made you."

After school and work, I stand outside the police station. Behind the back alley, I'm stretching and exercising my legs.

Time to go to work.

BOOOOMMM!!!

My body rips through the sound barrier two times over as I streak through the city, racing up buildings and down back alleys.

I smile to myself as run through my patrol, it's been almost three years since that lightning bolt or whatever struck me.

Three years since I found out I could run faster than anything that ever existed.

Three years since I became The Flash.

I skid to a stop at the Waid Bridge. Even coming out of Mach Two, I can hear the cables starting to give way and snap.

"Crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap!" I yell as I weave through the cars and pull people from their cars.

One of the support cables snaps loudly as I turn back on the bridge to grab the boy and girl stuck in the minivan.

Even as I race back across the river, I feel the asphalt starting to give way.

"You okay?" I ask the children as I set them down.

They sheepishly nod as I speed off back into the city.

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly