View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #58
Sentinel X
optical illusion

Default Re: Iron Man 2 Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
^I didn't find a single bit of the score in either of Nolan's Batman films memorable, but that's me. William's Superman, Elfman's Batman, and Giaccino's Incredibles theme are the 3 best, IMO.
I guess I have a good memory because I remember any score that I really liked.

I get what you are saying though. The three scores you mentioned are no doubt very catchy...but I don't think catchy necessarily means they're better (although I do love all 3 of them....some of my favorites). Danny elfman's Hulk and Hans Zimmer's Batman score are not really catchy but they're some of the best comic book film scores and are pretty damn good

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Debney himself confirms that he's going to score Iron Man 2 (or is close to getting the deal) in an audio interview posted on Filmmusicsite.com today, check out the link here. Click play and fast-forward to 32:22, that's when Debney talks about it.

He says he'll probably compose the score from scratch, but is quick to say that he liked Djawadi's score in the first film.
Yes...he will be much better im sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Eh whatever. Constantly annoyed with these movies always changing hands with composers and there never being any big consistent themes.

See Hellboy and Hellboy 2.

See the X-men trilogy.
Dude, sometimes its for the best. I prefer Hellboy I score than II but elfman's score was very fitting for the movie since it was a lot heavier on the fantasy elements. And although I thought X-men 1's score was the best of the whole trilogy a lot of people think Ottman's score was the best and I enjoyed it myself too.
Iron man's score wasn't even much of a score...I'd prefer something a little more exciting and fun.

.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
Sentinel X is offline   Reply With Quote