View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 09:51 PM   #85
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Default Re: "Only a Prime can defeat me" The Fallen Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Look what happened to Jetfire in stasis lock, he wasnt even dead, yet could barely move or transform when he first was awakened. Being dead is bound to take energy away from you, especially the way Megatron went out, he took a big hit with the Allspark.
Jetfire is just too old. I think that the stasis lock that he was in is the equivalent of an old man passing in his sleep.
As for Megatron, i think that he took some much needed metal from another robot. I dont think that his metal is better than the other robots. And besides, it seems to me that the robots are like plaster. They can morph into almost everything. Once those pieces were attached to Meg, they became part of him like a piece of plaster merges with a bigger without any problems.
The production team wanted to redesign him and that was a nice way of doing it. I wouldnt get so deep as to ponder whether the way it happened affected him. Megatron IMHO is as powerful as he was in TF2007.
Also, if i were Bay, i wouldnt make this a common practice in the franchise or the robots would start eating each other to grow in size and power. Nobody would be the same again.
Quote:
Rodimus was no slouch, but fights arent just about strength, power, etc, its about tactics also. The reason Hot Rod lasted that long against Galvatron in the movie, was from running, hiding, and hitting him fast and then getting out of there. Once Galvatron got his hands him, the fight was over if the Matrix hadnt been there.
After the film, the G1 series continued with weekly episodes with the new cast. Rodimus as the leader of the autobots often took on Galvatron and beaten him. The battle you refer to was his first battle as Rodimus. He was like a college basketball player in his first NBA game.

In any case, i think that the franchise should let other robots shine as well. I mean, Prime's predecessors in the leadership were just as legendary as he is. Rodimus should have a fair chance. As i said before, Prime was once young and inexperienced too.

Last edited by Mr. Earle; 07-14-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote