View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 10:14 PM   #79
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Default Re: Iron Man 2 Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by CELTICPRED View Post
Wow. Haven't heard that from many people.

As for the first movie's score, aside from the Mark 2 track, a lot of it seemed like a missed opportunity to add that extra level of oomf that some of the scenes needed.

If Fiedel would come out of retirement he'd conjure up some awesome score.
Exactly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
I wasn't refering to disdain, but when I've talked to them about TF's score, they're like "Uh, do you mean that Linkin' Park song? Cause that's the only memorable music in that film". As far as regular score goes, TF didn't have anything special goin' on.
Oh come on, just the 30 seconds of music when the autobots first transform tramps everything in IM's OST.

Zimmer gave the new Batman his new theme. Jablonsky gave the TF their own. Both distinct and powerful. I cant remember anything from IM. He has no specific theme. The only good part was when he tested the Mk2 but it wasnt anything special really...

As for Linking Park, its easier for people to remember that hit song from that successful band than remember the movie's theme, but when you hear it, you know its TF. The same would have happened if Linking Park had a song in any movie's soundtrack.

Last edited by Mr. Earle; 07-17-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote