View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #71
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Default Re: Favorite moment in the trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke1234 View Post
Though Lady Deathstrike vs Wolverine was a little short, it was still one of the most brutal fight scenes ive seen in any superhero movie. The camera angles and the intensity was great.
Agreed. The extended cut only made the outcome sweeter.

Easily, for me, my fav moments are:

X-1: Logan's cage match. When this movie first came out, I was 7, and totally HATED Wolverine. This moment completely changed that for me. I saw an animal and a complete badass in that cage, and is honestly the closest we'll get to a REAL Wolverine on film. Hopefully Mcquarrie and Singer will fix this with X-MO:W2

Any banter between Cyclops and Logan. It felt natural and not forced. They essentially didn't like each other and didn't trust each other for good reason. And the "You're a dick" is the funniest thing I've ever seen a comic book movie.

Overall, seeing the team take action against Magneto on the Statue of Liberty was badass, and unfortunately the last time we see the team as best assembled.

X2: Nightcrawler's attack on the White House, Logan's fight with the soliders and his fight with Yuriko are all tied for me. The first, because it was jsut such a well-executed fight, along with the music and the choreography. This scene made me feel that Nightcrawler was no one to **** with, instead of just a cool special effect Singer came up with. The last 2, because, after X1, I couldn't get enough of Logan. These two fights were well done, and was the last we saw of Logan being an animal fighter. He was always determined to win and technically beat the living **** outta anyone in his way.

Logan's flashbacks... nuff' said. Those 2 glimpses into Weapon X were better than that POS spin-off. To think, in just about 30 sec of footage, we got more of the tragic beast that Logan was than in 2 hours with the spin-off. And that shot of Logan holding up his bloodied hands and claws... ICONIC. Jackman's best Logan moment, thusfar.

Last, but not least, Logan catching up to Stryker. I know my choices have all consisted of him, but it was such a satisfying scene. Seeing him claw into Stryker, and that agression mixed with an obvious depression of what Stryker did to him, I was giddy in my seat. Even at 10 years old, I knew Stryker had somethign this violent coming. Jackman and Cox played off each other so well, here. It's a shame Stryker wasn't played up to be the ultimate villian in the spin-off this scene made him out to be.

X3: Not much to say here, honestly. Anyways, a real highlight of this movie is that some of the fights consisted of the X-Men fighitng as a team, something the other 2 lacked. The scenes in the Danger Room and Alcatraz were great for this, because they had that team dynamic necessary in any X-Men incarnation. The Logan fight in the woods was also great, though it was just a rehash of the X2 fight, except the woods, and against mutants. Either way, awesome fight.

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nick Mundy is the real-life equivalent of Youtube comment: Sure I may be wrong, but I'm loud, so everyone listens to me.
TheDarkKnight08 is offline   Reply With Quote