View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 12:24 AM   #9
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Default Re: Shane Black to write a script for DOC SAVAGE

The history of DOC SAVAGE

From AICN July 7, 1999:
Schwarzenegger, Frank Darabont & Chuck Russell to film DOC SAVAGE, THE MAN OF BRONZE!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
Holy Mary Mother Of Invention! I am soooooo jonesed right now. I’m sorry folks, this just punches all the buttons for me.

Today, over at THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER, Zorianna Kit (a really cool lady I’ve met a couple of times) broke the scoop that Chuck “MASK” Russell and Frank “SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION” Darabont have struck a deal with Arnold Schwarzenegger to star as Clark Savage, Jr.... The Man of Bronze.... DOC SAVAGE!!!
From AICN November 23, 1999:
An A.B. special... the 3 projects currently in the works for ARNOLD!
Quote:
Hey folks, Harry here with this report on the three films leaving Arnold's mouth yesterday morning. TRUE LIES 2 - currently being scripted. THE SIXTH DAY - almost ready to shoot up in Canada. and... wait for it... That's right AB KING... A dream is a wish your heart makes.... CRUSADE - which he claims is being prepped. ALRIGHT. When last we heard, this was the Verhoeven/Ahnult project to end all Arnold projects. The name HAGAN will live for a long time in the history of cinematic lore. Who's lined up for directing chores? Has it been lined up? Please... no hacks please. CRUSADE is the epic film I've been dying to see for the past 4 years (length of time I've known of the project). Keep your ears alert... somethings afoot.
From AICN February 28, 2000:
A Brief A.B.King Report on COLLATERAL DAMAGE, just added an extra tidbit...
Quote:
Hey folks, Harry here with the latest on that Ahnult fella from the Schwarzenegger/Stallone fan #1, A.B. King. ALso, in one of the half dozen or so emails that I have received from A.B. in the past couple of days, he claims that the reason the big man dropped TOTAL RECALL 2, was so he could do WITH WINGS AS EAGLES after COLLATERAL DAMAGE with Paul Verhoeven as the alleged director. So far, I haven't been able to get that confirmed. But we still have to look at the possibility that Arnold will be doing the Darabont/Russell directed DOC SAVAGE: MAN OF BRONZE instead. So... Here's A.B.
From AICN April 14, 2000:
Arnold comments on DOC SAVAGE and T3 & T4

Quote:
Hey folks, Harry here with some news brought in from Arteewon about the big man's movements that he read about over at SCI FI WIRE, so check it out. It's nice to see a bit of loyalty out of Arnold, and I hope this DOC SAVAGE script rocks as hard as it could. Here ya go...
From AICN October 11, 2000:
CORRECTION: Arnold Notes: DOC SAVAGE & T3
Quote:
Hey folks, Harry here with a report from... ABKing about.. nope... not Stallone... yup, that's right... AHNULDT!!! Let it be known from the highest bell tower in the land... there is a finished draft in existence for DOC SAVAGE!!! That script... I want in a really bad way. I'm a HUGE Doc Savage fan. In fact... in the far corner of my room... right above my Raiders of the Lost Ark poster is my Ron Ely personality poster from the George Pal DOC SAVAGE film.... which, while misguided and clumsy... I saw it as a kid and felt it had TONS of charm. Now... here's AB...
From AICN November 7, 2000:
Ahnuldt talks about DOC SAVAGE and T3
Quote:
Hey folks, Harry here with latest from AB King on all of our's favorite Austrian Body Builder and overall megastar.... Arnie. I really really wish that Schwarzenegger would drop T3. Ultimately I really do feel the film should end as it did in T2. Uncertainty and with hope. T2 is a perfect film and the T3 script reads like bad fan fiction. Hell the T3 fan script that appeared online was better.... As for DOC SAVAGE, it is nice to hear that progress is being made there. Arnold... become a god... go make CRUSADE. Make it happen. "Do it! Do it noooooow!"
From TOR.com Thursday July 24, 2008:
SDCC: Doc Savage film announced
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Moldawer
At a panel on Doc Savage, the pulp hero who inspired/was ripped off by the creators of Superman and Batman, among other creators of your favorite Golden Age comic book superheroes, long-time superhero movie producer Michael Uslan (who is also producing the upcoming Captain Marvel film) let slip that a new Doc Savage film adaptation is in the works.
From IGN December 18, 2008:
Doc Savage Movie Scoop - Producer Uslan talks to IGN about the pulp fiction project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Vejvoda
IGN Movies caught up with producer Michael E. Uslan at Wednesday's premiere of The Spirit where he gave us the low down on what's happening with the long-gestating feature film return of pulp hero Doc Savage.

Uslan told us that while The Shadow and Captain Marvel are likely to be his next two projects, he's also actively developing Doc Savage. No screenwriter or director has been hired yet, but Uslan says that several big names have expressed interest in Doc.

The producer said his project has no ties to the version that was being developed years ago with director Frank Darabont and star Arnold Schwarzenegger and that neither of them are involved with his incarnation. He stressed that his will be a fresh start.

Uslan added that no star is attached right now but hinted that the title role would likely not be played by an unknown. When asked about Dwayne Johnson, who has been rumored for the role in the past, Uslan simply replied that he's going to play the villainous "Black Adam" in Captain Marvel and didn't really give the impression that The Rock was also going to play the Man of Bronze, but he didn't outright deny it either.

Uslan, who also produced Constantine and executive produced all of the Batman films, said the film would follow Doc's departure from his Arctic base on his first adventure to the United States. He stressed that the film would focus on Doc's story and developing his character, and downplayed the possibility that his team of companions -- the Fabulous Five -- would play a large part in the film, suggesting that they could be better served in sequels.
From Batman-On-Film February 8, 2009:
Michael Uslan @ NYCC 2009 (Part 2)
Quote:
BOF: Besides all that and the next BATMAN, what else do you have going on that you’d like to mention?

MU:
Well, I’m not ready to officially announce it -- but we’re getting pretty damn close -- but DOC SAVAGE is coming along nicely.
From AICN October 24, 2009:
Orci & Kurtzman are producing DOC SAVAGE!!!

Interesting, I hope it's good. I could see someone like Russel Crowe or The Rock in this role.

Last edited by Gabe99; 10-26-2009 at 06:08 AM.
Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote