View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #8
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Default Re: CBR Interviews Matt Fraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bruce View Post
I just ordered the first two invincible Iron Man HC's by Fraction. I've read the "Big" storylines in IM history (Demon In A Bottle, Armor Wars, Extremis).

Will I be able to read the two new books without problems?
I imagine so. Matt Fraction's Invincible Iron Man was pretty much designed to be an accessible entry-point for new readers attracted by the movie. The only thing you really need to know that the movie (or, indeed, the big storylines you mentioned) doesn't tell you is that Tony Stark is, at the start of Invincible Iron Man, the director of S.H.I.E.L.D. after the events of Civil War. Secret Invasion happened between The Five Nightmares and World's Most Wanted, so a vague working knowledge of the status quo changes of that event might be helpful - though it's all kinda explained to you in the first chapter of World's Most Wanted anyway.

All I can say is, I've read Extremis by Warren Ellis, but none of the other Iron Man graphic novels by the Knaufs that followed, and I read Civil War but not Secret Invasion, and I understood everything in Fraction's Invincible Iron Man with no problems. The only other advice I can give is have some patience. The Five Nightmares is good, but World's Most Wanted is much better IMO, so even if you're not blown away by The Five Nightmares, keep reading.

I hope you enjoy the books!

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote