View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #28
ultimatefan
The Batman must come back

Default Re: Bryan Singer's X-men 3 Revealed!

And why couldnīt they be both excellent movies in their own right? Whatīs this thing with fanboys that everythingīs like a football team, people canīt praise or be excited about one property without trying to diminish the value of another? To me thereīs more than one "best superhero movie ever" and Iīm thankful for that.

And spare me from "those annoying Batman fanboys think TDK is the second coming", there has been this reaction - thankfully - to Superman The Movie, X2, Spidey 2, Iron Man and a few other. If it has been particularly intense in TDKīs case, to a large extent it corresponds to the particularly intense critical and commercial success of the movie. If itīs overrated or over-fabled in a fanīs view - and everything from Godfater to Casablanca has been called that on the Internet - itīs purely personal, but the unique impact that it had is a fact. And one can only dream Singerīs X3 would have had such an impact as well, sadly.

"Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, they deserve to have their faith rewarded." So, thank you for rewarding mine, Mr. Nolan.

This article should be mandatory reading before people argue about movies on the internet:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-common...-always-wrong/.

Last edited by ultimatefan; 11-17-2009 at 01:40 PM.
ultimatefan is offline   Reply With Quote