View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 11:01 AM   #35
Retroman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer's X-men 3 Revealed!

What a shame they never got the chance to execute these ideas on the big screen. Not everything in X3 was bad but hearing Dougherty's thoughts on how Phoenix could have been handled and the portrayal of Cyclops as a leader sounds like we imo missed out on a potentially great sequel.

Wonder what Dan Harris and Singer's own individual visions of X3 were? I ask this because Dougherty talks about the things he pitched and makes no mention of Emma Frost which is something Harris said they wanted to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Flare View Post
I forget where i saw this, but i heard some other idea's that Singer came up with for X3 was:

Emma Frost/White Queen, being an old flame of Xavier's
Nathaniel Essex/Sinister would be part of the Hellfire Club
Bolivar Trask & his Sentinels
Arcade
no Storm, , but Beast

Sinister being part of HC would've been cool, because it would start his obession with Cyclops and Jean...possibly in future installements the Grey-Summers kids/clone(s) could appear

I wonder if Trask would be a member of the Hellfire society, cause in the comics Sen.kelly and he knew about the Sentinel project
If i'm not mistaken Singer hates Arcade so that would have been unlikely.And like BMM said Emma Frost was the only confirmed addition though Beast would have been also likely been an another addition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
The problem with Singer directing X3 after Superman Returns is that Superman Returns would still exist. And I hated it. I'd perfer if he just chose X3 over it.
I don't share your opinion on Superman Returns but maybe in hindsight it would have been better if he chose X3. But then again Superman might have been in limbo for years to come much like it is now.