View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #1305
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

Default Re: The New Ultimate DC RPG: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

.Screen name: Mr. Majestic

.Character you wish to portray: William Bendix (Lucas Trent) Midnighter

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Hero

.Powers and physical attributes:William is a human with artificial enhancements. Each improvement gives him an array of abilities. For instance his, Battle Precognition. Which gives him the ability to predict how a battle will happen before it begins. One of the upgrades include a fighting implant that has a combat computer that allows William to run through a given combat situation millions of times in his mind, almost instantly covering nearly every possible result before the first punch is even thrown. He can use this information to predict the actions and reactions of his opponents, countering their moves almost before they can even think to make them. It also works by letting him see the outcome of the battle he wants and working backwards following the right steps to get there.

He has fiber lined muscles increasing his strength and also his speed. His speed is to the point that he can move faster than the human eye in a quick speed burst (A good quality to have for the element of surprise). William’s durability, coordination, and reflexes are all enhanced.

(This Implant yet not active)An additional implant is his Survival implant. Its used to keep him fighting in the worst of circumstances. He has what is called Pain receptor control. He can turn his pain receptors on and off so he can keep fighting when the pain would stop a normal man. The pain is not totally cut off that is why his healing factor is also very helpful. William heals much faster than a normal human. Along with his healing he also has a super enhanced immune system.

(This implant yet not active) Another implant is his Tactical senses. This sense allows William to identify any modifications or powers in anyone he looks at, as well as how they work, so he can defeat them. He can also detect the increased electrical activity in an opponent’s brain.

(These implants yet not active) Telescopic vision, Thermal Vision, and enhanced hearing that enable him to directionally tune into where exactly he wants to hear.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it):Lucas Trent was a very successful serial killer in the streets of Gotham, he was just one of the many few who jeopardize the citizens of what has come to be known to some as Bloody Gotham. At the age of just 20 Lucas Trent alias Gotham Butcher was known in everyone house hold. He seemed to be almost untouchable till he had killed a young man by the name of William Bendrix. The kill was successful and clean just like every other kill he has done. The only thing different from this kill is that the boys father was Henry Bendrix. He worked for the US government developing mobile weapons that was operated through a combination of manual controls and cybernetic uplink. After his son’s death Henry couldn’t see himself living without his son. So he decided to do what every genius scientist would do, bring him back. First thing he did was found out who the Gotham Butcher was. Once he go the information he located the Butcher also known as Lucas. He fallowed him studying him to help uncover who his next kill would be so he would be there to interfere.

Once Henry known who Lucas was going to kill he had switch places with the victim. When Lucas had entered the room to kill what he thought to be his next victim he instead was stuck with a needle in the neck before he could take 5 steps into the apartment. When he woke he was strapped down from head to toe. He couldn’t move anything such as a finger. From there Henry Bendrix told Lucas why he was lying there and what was going to happen to him. After that Mr. Bendrix erased Lucas entire memory and implanted his owns son’s memories into Lucas’s mind. Not only did he put his son’s memories in the mind of a serial killer he also put his personality as well but he didn’t stop there he also changed Lucas’s face so it would resemble that of his son’s. When he was about to finish he came to the conclusion that this wasn’t enough, what will stop something else from happening to his son and him losing him again? He decided to do more so he used his own invention that he was post to make for the military, his bodily enhancements. He did this so nothing will ever take his son away from him again.

Being that the operation was a success Mr. Bendix had already had a cover story ready. Seeing that the Gotham Butcher never leaves a body or a single clue only thing he sends is a post card to the family with a picture of their love ones letting them know that they are dead. When Henry received his post card he never informed the police so it wasn’t hard at all for Bendix to bring his son back to life.

5 months after William being back he went on to live what he thought to be his life. Everything seems just how he remembers it but as of late he has been feeling like something has been missing in his life. He is on a search to found out what it is.

.The burning question - Why this character?:Why not this character is the question you all should ask yourself. I figure since everyone and their mother where being character’s pretty much from the Batman family tree, I said to myself “Self you should join in on the fun.” I thought to myself “Maybe you are right but everyone is taken.” Then I thought who is a character who would fit in the Batman type environment? The answer was Midnighter.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?:Well to start I change everything about him. The only thing that is the same is the fact that Henry Bendix put the implants in him. This Midnighter will be younger and not so much of a killer, yet. He is in his building stage, he’s not going to be the Midnighter off the jump I’m going to show how he got there and why. Also he is going to have a split personality.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: A another character who shall also be in the streets of Gotham City, you know the city of justice, the city of love, the city of peace, for everyone of us. Also another character and creative mind. Oh yeah another bad ass.

.Provide a sample post as the character you wish to portray, in three paragraphs or more: Lucas lay on a surgery table looking up at nothing but lights. For a moment he began to think “Is this what all my victims feels like right before I’m about to kill them? Scared? Confused? Wondering if they will ever see the light of day again?” A normal person wouldn’t understand why they would be in a situation like this but Lucas knew first hand why he was where he was. Only question running through his mind was how he got caught. A doors opens and he the sound of foots steps approaching, is very obvious that his question was about to be answered. Once the man stood beside Lucas he grab a syringe from off a near by table.

“You are probably wondering how did I catch you?” Mr. Bendix ask.

“The thought did cross my mind, doc.” Lucas replied.

Before responding Henry gave out a slight chuckle. “I’m no doctor I’m a scientist, a really smart one to add.”

“I kind of got that part since I’m the one on the table and not you.”

Henry paused for a moment before he said anything.

“It might as well be me, you have already killed me.”

“Well if you like we can switch places and I’ll gladly do it again.”

“I meant fugitively speaking.”

“I know what you meant, I’m a killer not stupid.”

Henry then put it upon himself to stop talking and get right down to business. He stuck the needle into Lucas’s neck and injected the fluids inside.

“What is that?”

Henry then takes the needle out and places it back on the table.

“That was a little something to make you paralyze but it will let you feel everything I’m going to do.”

“Sounds like a good time.”

“You say that now but you won’t when I’m done.”

“I always wanted to know how my victims felt right before I killed them and now I have a front row seat.”

Henry then grabs some tools off of the nearby table and lean towards Lucas close to his ear.

“You misunderstand my intentions. I don’t plan on killing you.”

“Then what?”

“Erasing you. You see you took something of mine and I want it back. You took my son.

“It wouldn’t be the first old man.”

“But it will be the last. You see I’m going to erase your memory and place my son’s in your place. I’m going to change your face to look like his. You will think like him talk like him and act like him. I guess it was just fate that you both happen to be the same height and build.

Lucas wanted to struggle free but his body wouldn’t respond.

“You can’t do this.”

“Oh I can and I will. Nothing about you will be remembered. The world will soon forget about you. The only thing that will remind people of you is the post card that you gave to those of the families you destroyed.”

Henry then pulls the post card out and shows it to Lucas. He looks at the post card and his face wants to show fear but it can’t.

Henry then pulls the post card away and smiles and says.

“Be seeing you.”

.Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype?: yup

Last edited by Mr. Majestic; 12-12-2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: He had to move to Gotham