View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 08:13 AM   #40
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Bryan Singer's X-men 3 Revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Almost anything would have been better than The Last Stand. That movie made almost every wrong decision (bussiness, creative, or otherwise) that could have possibly been made beyond the faults of the first two movies.
As for Dougherty’s ideas for Phoenix, I think they’re an interesting adaptation of the cosmic aspect of the character. I would prefer they stick with the original idea, that Phoenix is an uncontrollable Jean Grey (something I think The Last Stand got right), but, otherwise, I think it’s an interesting take.

As for being grounded, I see nothing wrong with Phoenix evolving into a higher form of consciousness. Plenty of people believe a higher form of consciousness exists in some capacity, and, in my opinion, it’s no more unrealistic than the likes of Magneto’s radiation machine. In fact, I think it’s the kind of concept the third X-Men movie probably should have tackled more. If, in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, I can accept the silliness of Wolverine and Sabretooth tag-teaming a remote controlled, genetically engineered, super-mutant atop a crumbling nuclear reactor, I can accept that Jean Grey evolves into a higher form of being.
Agreed, I already thought TLS was absolute trash, and one of the worst CB movies ever, but this just makes me hate the fact that it exists even more. Terrible, terrible movie by Fox.

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Lego Movie-7.5(4)Robocop-7.5(5)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote